Thursday, October 23, 2014

Dancing Snowmen

I had some time to play last night and I created two more Christmas Cards.  This time I used a digi image from digistampboutique.com. There are some really cute images there.  I found these three little happy snowmen there.  

I pulled out some watercolor paper and Tim Holtz distress inks.  I did a dark purple and dark blue sky background with the inks and some water.  After I dryed it, I then used the Simon Says Stamp's "Falling Snow" stencil and added the snow with texture paste.  I then fussy cut out the snowmen and added them to the background.  I loved how it turned out.



Below is close up of one of the snowmen.  I used glossy accents on his hat, nose and buttons.  I used a white gel pen to add the polka dots and stripes to the scarf and hat.  



Next I used the second panel I had printed and colored it slightly different than the first.  I add a punched border at the top and bottom and adhered it to the card front.  


Here is a close-up of one of the snowman.  I used Wink of Stella clear on all the snowmen on this card.  I did a few extra touches with my white gel pen as well.  


Thanks for stopping by,

Melanie 

No comments:

Post a Comment