Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Snowman Ornaments

I'm back again with a few more ornaments that I made.  This time using snowman stamps from Paper Smooches and Lawn Fawn.  I admit I have a snowman addiction.  I have loved snowman for as long as I can remember.  

Paper Smooches -- Swanky Snowman
Hero Arts - Christmas Reindeer (trees)

Paper Smooches -- Swanky Snowman
Hero Arts - Christmas Reindeer (trees)

Lawn Fawn -- Making Frosty Friends
Again, I totally got this idea from a YouTube video that I mentioned in my reindeer ornament post.

I had a good time using Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents on the snowman, as well as Stickles.  I even used gumdrops from Your Next Stamp as the buttons, and some snowflake buttons I found at Michaels.  

I inked the wooden ornaments with Distress Inks.  The snow was made with texture paste and theSimon Says Stamp Falling Snow Stencil.  I need to learn to be more patient and let the ink dry before adding the texture paste so it doesn't absorb the color from the inks.   I painted the edges of the paper mache ornament and then cut a circle from blue card stock for the background.  

I'm looking forward to making some more of these with my girls. Thanks for stopping by,

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment