Thursday, November 6, 2014

Reindeer Ornament

First, I have to admit that I totally got this idea from a video I watched on YouTube posted by "myserenitycrafts".  It was the "Snowman Ornament Tutorial for Beginners".  Sara showed this great idea using paper mache ornaments and stamps together.  I loved it.  So, here's the first one I did.

Reindeer Ornament

I got the paper mache ornament at Michaels.  I painted it with Martha Stewart Pearl Gold paint.  I used some really old Creative Memories paper for the background.  The reindeer and sentiment are from Hero Arts, Christmas Reindeer.  The trees are the "Forest Border" die from Lawn Fawn.  The red string beads are also from Michaels.  

I used Wink of Stella on the sweater and trees, and Glossy Accents on his nose.  I also used Sakura Glaze glossy black ink pen on his hoofs. I had a lot of fun making this and have been working on some snowmen for the next one.  My girls are going to be making these for Christmas presents this year for their aunts and uncles.  

Thanks for stopping by,

Melanie 

No comments:

Post a Comment